Career Expo is April 18
Get ready to be hired!
WPCC offers students the opportunity to prepare for finding a job with our Career Expo from 9:00-11:00 a.m. in Room 160 of Jim Burnett Hall.
- Write A Winning Résumé
- Interview Do’s and Don’ts
- What to Wear to an Interview
- Question & Answer HR Panel
(featuring HR professionals from various businesses in Burke County)
Admission to the Expo is FREE. You to not have to register to attend.
WPCC complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make every effort to honor reasonable requests made by individuals with qualifying disabilities. Accommodations must be requested three business days in advance of school events or activities through the Office of Disability Services in Room 136 of Hildebrand Hall or call 828.448.3154.
IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR SPRING GRADUATES
Graduation is fast approaching! Here are some important reminders for those graduating in May.
Important Information for All Spring Graduates
- You must complete the Graduation Completers Survey before picking up your cap and gown or picking up your degree/diploma.
- All outstanding financial obligations to WPCC must be paid prior to graduation. (For example: parking tickets, delinquent library fines, etc.)
- All graduates who have received a Federal Stafford loan at WPCC and have not completed exit loan counseling need to go to studentloans.gov to complete the survey. You must print the Confirmation page and bring it with you when you pick up your cap and gown. If you have any questions, please contact Dori Barron at (828) 448-3170.
- All outstanding official transcripts must be sent to us by Tuesday, May 8, 2018. If you have any questions, please contact Cathy Williams at (828) 448-6049 (email@example.com).
For Graduates Not Participating in the Graduation Ceremony
- Degrees/diplomas will be available for pick up providing all of your outstanding obligations have been met beginning Friday, June 15 from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. each day in the Student Records Office located in Hildebrand Hall, Room 106.
Summer 2018 Completers
If you have not applied for Summer Completion, the final deadline for early review is Friday, June 22, 2018.
- Download a copy of the graduation application, Pick up a copy in Student Services, print form from Moodle, or request one be sent to you.
- Meet with your advisor
- Return the application on or before June 22, 2018 to the Records Office in Hildebrand Hall, Room 106. Documentation used by your advisor needs to be attached to the application.
- A preliminary graduation audit will be conducted through Student Services. You will receive a letter indicating completion of hours and payment information for the business office. If you have not met all requirements, a letter will be sent to you and your advisor listing these deficiencies.
- If your graduation audit reveals that you have completed, or are currently registered for all classes required for graduation, a $30 graduation fee will be added to your student account. This fee will be good for the current academic year in which you applied. If you do not complete all of the required courses within the academic year in which you applied, you will be charged an additional $30 fee upon re-application.
- Students who do not intend to register for any outstanding courses during the early registration period should not submit a graduation application until registered or by the final deadline of Friday, June 22, 2018.
- Reminder: There will not be a Summer Graduation Ceremony. Summer Completers will have an opportunity to participate in a future Graduation Ceremony.
Help Desk in Moore Hall
computer issue or student ID?
The Help Desk has moved from
the LRC in Phifer Hall to
Room 17 in Moore Hall.
Contact Us For Help
If you have any questions please stop by Student Services in Hildebrand Hall or call (828) 448-6046. If you’re having trouble with Pioneer Pass, your email, or other computer issues, visit the Help Desk online or call (828) 448-6030. You are also welcome to get in touch with us by submitting a request below.