(828) 448-3186 • firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Hildebrand Hall, Lower Level, Room 33
See Below for Fall 2017 Information
The Western Piedmont Community College bookstore is known as the Book Cellar. It is organized as a service to students which enables them to purchase books and supplies essential for the attainment of their educational goals. The Bookstore strives to hold student costs to a minimum and ensures that the mark-up of textbooks shall be reasonable and consistent with the mark-up prevailing among other North Carolina community colleges.
The Bookstore is committed to offering customers knowledgeable and courteous customer service.
- Monday – Thursday: 8:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
The Bookstore operates on the WPCC holiday/inclement weather/emergency closings schedule. Bookstore operating hours subject to change when classes are not in session. Call 448-3186 for hours of operation.
Now Available: eBook Textbooks
The Book Cellar has partnered with RedShelf to give WPCC students an option to rent or purchase eBook textbooks in addition to regular printed books.
- eBooks are available at a discount (sometimes even up to 60%) over printed textbooks
- RedShelf eBooks work on any device that connects to the Internet (including smart phones, tablets, laptops, and desktop computers)
- You read your textbook on your device, and up to 10% of it can be downloaded for offline reading, and you can print up to 10% of the book
- The eBook software provides tools such as a highlighter, study guides, annotations, definitions, flashcards, and more
- You can purchase eBooks both at the Book Cellar in Hildebrand Hall and online at the WPCC RedShelf Store.
- If paying with financial aid, you must purchase eBooks at the Book Cellar in Hildebrand Hall. You cannot pay for eBook purchases using financial aid at the online store.
- eBooks can be purchased online at the WPCC RedShelf Store using a credit card 24 hours a day. You can download your purchases after completing payment.
Some Things You Should Know
- RedShelf eBooks are typically rented for a specific time period. Occasionally, a book is available for permanent purchase. You can learn more at the WPCC RedShelf Online Store or at the Book Cellar in Hildebrand Hall.
- There may be more options for a timed rental of an eBook at the WPCC RedShelf Store than at the Book Cellar. You can check options at the online store for more information.
- Financial Aid purchases must be made at the Book Cellar in Hildebrand Hall. They cannot be made at the online store.
- To purchase eBooks at the Book Cellar location in Hildebrand Hall:
- There will be a pocket in front of books available as eBooks with a sheet containing a bar code and information about the rental time and price.
- Take a card for the eBook you want to purchase and present it to a cashier.
- You will receive a receipt with an access code and instructions on how to redeem the code for the eBook.
- To purchase eBooks online:
- Visit the WPCC RedShelf Store to make your selections.
- You can only pay with a credit or debit card online.
- After completing your purchase, you will be able to access your eBooks.
- You can get a refund for RedShelf eBooks:
- If you purchased the eBook at the WPCC RedShelf Online Store, you must request a refund through that store and not at the Book Cellar on campus.
- If you purchased the eBook at the Book Cellar location in Hildebrand Hall, you must request a refund there and not online.
- IMPORTANT: Textbooks for courses are subject to change. DO NOT activate your code prior to textbook verification with instructor. Remember, eBooks cannot have more than 20% usage and must be returned for a refund within 14 days of code activation. An original receipt is required for a refund.
Our Refund Policy
- All refunds require the original cash register receipt.
- All textbook refunds must be made from registration day until prior to or on the ten(10) percent point date of a semester.
- All textbooks must be in new and resalable condition with all components intact. Textbooks are not returnable if shrink-wrap is broken and/or disks/CDs/web codes are used or missing.
- Continuing Education books are not returnable.
- General merchandise is not returnable.
- Cash/check purchases will be refunded in cash. Credit/debit card purchases will be refunded back to the credit/debit card. Financial Aid and/or sponsorship charges will be refunded as charged.
Fall, 2017 Registration Hours
- August 9-10 (Wednesday-Thursday) – 8:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. & 2:30-7:00 p.m.
- August 11 (Friday) – 8:00 a.m-5:00 p.m.
- August 14 (Monday) – 8:00 a.m-1:00 p.m. & 2:30-7:00 p.m.
- August 15-17 (Tuesday-Thursday) – 8:00 a.m-7:00 p.m.
- August 18 (Friday) – 8:00 a.m-3:00 p.m.
- August 21-23 (Monday-Wednesday) – 8:00 a.m-7:00 p.m.
Financial Aid Purchases
Wednesday, August 9 through Wednesday, August 23
A registration statement and photo ID are required for each financial aid transaction.
LAST DAY FOR REFUNDS & EXCHANGES: Wednesday, August 23
PLEASE NOTE: Bookstore hours are subject to change
The Book Cellar Book Buy Back for the 2017-2018 School Year
- Thursday, December 7: 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Friday, December 8: 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Monday, December 11: 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Friday, May 4: 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Monday, May 7: 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, May 8: 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Monday, July 23: 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. & 2:00-6:00 p.m.