Nurse Aide II
Classes Held at the Foothills Higher Education Center
This program prepares students to perform more complex skills for clients or residents regardless of the setting. Topics include sterile technique, catheterizations, care of the client with N-G tubes and IVs.
In order to be admitted into the NA II program, you must:
- Obtain a 10th grade score or better on the Reading section of the TABE test
- Proof of completion of a State approved Nurse Aide I class. (Course Completion Certificate)
- Proof of active CPR certification (Online Certification Not Acceptable, must be American Heart Healthcare Provider).
- A copy of your High School Diploma or GED or a sealed transcript of your grades.
- Copies of a valid driver’s license and social security card with matching names on both.
- A letter of recommendation from your immediate supervisor.
- A complete Student Health Record by a licensed healthcare provider. Forms will be given during registration.
All information should be turned in at the Foothills Higher Education Center prior to first day of class or at TABE testing.
Additional Class Information
- All students will be required to have a criminal background check submitted to Blue Ridge Healthcare. The criminal background check will be conducted after the class begins.
- Applicants listed on the NCNAR I with out-of-state training will be reviewed on an individual basis.
- Applicants who completed Nurse Aide I training prior to 2006 will be reviewed on an individual basis.
- You are limited to three attempts to become successful and pass CNA II.
- Cost: $230.00
- Textbook: NC Nurse Aide II available in the WPCC Bookstore.
Once you have completed the above requirements, you will be allowed to register for the NA II class.
Continuing Education classes offered through our Workforce and Professional Development Division, have a pre-registration policy, with the exception of Fire/Rescue, Law Enforcement, HRD and CTP program areas. Students must register and pay any registration fees two business days/48 business hours prior to the start date of the class. For example: Class starts on Monday, the last day to register is Thursday.
Students may register via the following methods:
- Online (click on the button below)
- Walk-in registration held on Tuesdays, 8:30 am- 6:00 pm in Hildebrand Hall, Main Campus
- Download and fax the registration form. Our fax number is (828) 448-6179.
Our next NA II class will be offered in the fall of 2016. If you are interested in enrolling in our next class, please complete the form below the schedule.
|Class||Section||Begin||End||Days||Begin Time||End Time||Cost||Room|
|Nurse Aide II-Class|
|No class 9/4 & the week of 11/20-11/23|| |
Request more information about the upcoming Nurse Aide II classes: