Foothills Higher Education Center
This continuing education course is designed to meet the requirements to qualify for work as a Medication Aide. Topics include medication administration via oral routes, medical asepsis, hand hygiene, terminology, and legal implications. Upon completion, students are eligible to take the competency exam and demonstrate skills necessary to qualify for listing on the North Carolina Medication Aide Registry. (Required materials provided)
- CNA I registry in good standing
- Must have completed a minimum of a 75 hours Nurse Aide I class and provide documentation (Course Completion Certificate)
- Copies of a valid Driver’s License and matching Social Security card
- Copy of High School Diploma or GED or sealed transcript of grades
If you are interested in our Medication Aide class, please call (828) 448-3532 for information on how to register.
Once all required documentation has been turned in at the Foothills Higher Education Center, you will follow the registration procedure as follows:
Continuing Education classes offered through our Workforce and Professional Development Division, have a pre-registration policy, with the exception of Fire/Rescue, Law Enforcement, HRD and CTP program areas. Students must register and pay any registration fees two business days/48 business hours prior to the start date of the class. For example: Class starts on Monday, the last day to register is Thursday.
Students may register via the following methods:
- Online (click the button below)
- Walk-in registration held on Monday – Thursday, 9:00 a.m.- 6:00 p.m. in Hildebrand Hall, Main Campus; or
- Download and Fax the Registration-Form. Our fax number is (828) 448-6179.
Medication Aide Schedule
|Class||Section||Begin||End||Days||Begin Time||End Time||Location||Cost|
|Medication Aide||57191||March 18, 2019||March 28, 2019||Monday, Tuesday & Thursday||5:00 pm||9:00 pm||HEC 123||$125 - Book is included will be available in class.|