Adolescent Mental Health Worker Training
This 24-hour course provides students with specific knowledge of the normal developmental stages of adolescence and a basis to understanding whether an adolescent’s behavior is reasonable and whether the adolescent is on track toward reaching developmental goals in a variety of settings.
This course will include HRD modules on résumé preparation, interviewing etiquette and soft skills necessary for employability.
- This course was developed by registered nurses and a psychologist from Broughton Hospital.
- The course will be helpful to anyone who wishes to work with adolescents with mental illness.
- Class will meet once a week for three hours on Tuesday for 8 weeks.
- There will be two sessions: AM (8-11am) and PM (6-9pm) beginning August 8, 2017 Room HEC 248 at the Foothills Higher Education Center 2128 South Sterling St. Morganton, NC.
- Individuals who successfully complete the course will receive certification by Broughton Hospital in mental health facilitation.
- The cost of the course is $70, but may be fee-waived depending on an individual’s income.
Class Meeting Dates – Current Class is Closed
August 8, 15, 22, 29, September 5, 12, 19, 26
Choose one Section: Section # 52560 AM (8 – 11 am) OR Section # 52561 PM (6 – 9 pm)
Registration cost of the course is $70, but may be fee-waived depending on an individual’s income.
Please contact us about future classes! If you need more information or have questions, please contact Wini Bradley at (828) 448-6145 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here’s how to get the the Adolescent Mental Health Worker class at the Foothills Higher Education Center.
Foothills Higher Education Center