Make-Up Testing / Re-Testing
The Academic Success Center personnel in Moore Hall 206 will gladly monitor make-up tests and retests for instructors. However, we ask that you please observe the following procedures:
For identification purposes, we now require a student to present a student ID or driver’s license to take a make-up test/re-test.
Please advise your students that the Academic Success Center cannot provide calculators for tests. If the use of a calculator is allowed, please remind your students to bring one along with them when they come in for a test. Also, we do not time tests, but instructors may look at the make-up test log to identify the length of time the student tested.
Include on each test:
- Your name
- Student’s name
- Chapter or Unit Number
- ANY special instructions such as open book allowed, calculator or notes allowed, etc.
PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF YOUR STUDENTS. MAKE SURE THAT YOU PLACE A MAKE-UP TEST IN THE ACADEMIC SUCCESS CENTER BEFORE YOU SEND A STUDENT TO TAKE IT.
- Announce the test before you bring it to us
- Put the test in our mail box
- Ask us to return tests to your box
- Send students to drop off or pick up tests
Please inform students of the following
- They need to bring their picture Id.
- They are required to leave their purses, cell phones, books, book bags, coats, etc., in one of the center lockers while they are testing.
- They will not be allowed to use any material other than those indicated by the instructor on the test.
- Make-up tests/Re-tests will not be handed out after 6:00 PM Monday-Thursday or after 12 Noon on Friday.
- Students must finish a test in one session. If a student has to leave before completing the test, the student will not be given an opportunity to finish the test later unless the instructor approves an additional test session.
Please feel free to call the Academic Success Center at 448-3115 if you have any questions and someone will be glad to help you.