In the case of inclement weather please use the resources listed below for announcements from the College. The quickest way to check for announcements is to call the College’s main phone number: 828-438-6000 A recorded message will be prepared if there is an announcement to make. If no announcement is made, the College is open and operating under a normal schedule.
Every effort will be made to have an announcement published and distributed to media outlets by 6:00 am for day classes (starting before 5 pm) and by 2:00 pm for evening classes (starting after 5pm). Day classes are considered as any classes that start before 5 pm. Evening classes are any classes that start after 5pm.
The following outlets will be used to make weather related announcements:
- College phone 828-438-6000
- Internet www.weatherclosings.com WPCC Facebook page
- WPCC Messaging System Sign up now
- WPCC Employee Email Access your account
- WPCC Student Email Access your account
- Radio WMNC FM, 92.1 Morganton
- Television Many of the regional television stations listed below also offer up-to-date lists of closings/delays.
- WCNC, NBC Charlotte
- WSOC, ABC Charlotte
- WBTV, CBS Charlotte
- WLOS, ABC Asheville
- Print The News Herald Morganton
The quickest way to check for announcements is to call the College’s main number at 828-438-6000. If no announcement is made, the College is open.
Below is a listing of web links to other local and regional resources for weather related information: Road Conditions Burke County Road Conditions Traveler Information Management System Weather Forecast Burke Weather National Weather Service