In The News…
Here is the latest on programs, students, events, people, and services from WPCC:
The Western Piedmont Foundation will host the Tesla Quartet, resident quartet with the Western Piedmont Symphony, for a free performance open to the public on Tuesday, September 25th at 11:00 a.m. in Leviton Auditorium.read more
Susan Williams, Dean of Student Services at Western Piedmont Community College, has released the President’s List of 6 students and the Dean’s List of 172 students for Summer, 2018.read more
Workforce Development & Continuing Education
WPCC offers a variety of classes for professional training along with personal advancement and enjoyment both in seated classes and online through ed2go. These classes are designed to accommodate busy lifestyles and provide opportunities to quickly get skills or explore interests.
Upcoming courses are listed to the right. Click or tap on a class name for a description and to register online.
Click or tap on a class name for more information or to register.
- September 19, 2018, 8:30 am: Notary Public Class - 53888
- September 22, 2018, 9:00 am: Stained Glass Mosaic Wall Art
- September 24, 2018, 8:30 am: ServSafe Managerial Course - 56436
- September 24, 2018, 6:00 pm: Holiday Trio: Celebrating Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas!
- September 25, 2018, 5:30 pm: Turning Wood Bowls
- September 29, 2018, 1:00 pm: Face Mug Workshop
- October 17, 2018, 8:30 am: Notary Public Class - 53889
- October 23, 2018, 5:30 pm: Notary Public Class - 53896
- October 29, 2018, 6:00 pm: Drinking Vessels
- November 14, 2018, 8:30 am: Notary Public Class - 53890
Enjoy Our Video
Access an audio-captioned version.
Why Choose WPCC?
By The Numbers…
Western Piedmont Community College is among the top 10 North Carolina community colleges in students completing their curriculum coursework.
Here are some other numbers of interest:
Percentage of students who would
recommend WPCC to family & friends
Percent of full-time employees who gave to WPCC’s 2017-18 Annual Giving Campaign.
The Medical Laboratory Technology program
has boasted a 100% pass rate on the
national certification exam
for the last three years.
Western Piedmont Community College, as an Equal Opportunity Institution, complies with applicable federal and state laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, sex, religion, age, ethnic origin, association, or disability. It is the policy of Western Piedmont Community College that no person shall be discriminated against in employment, admissions, or educational activities. The College will provide reasonable accommodations, modifications or adjustments through the use of nondiscriminatory policies and procedures for persons with qualifying disabilities. Inquiries concerning Federal Title IX, Section 504, and related laws may be addressed to the Director of Human Resources, 1001 Burkemont Avenue, Morganton, NC 28655 or telephone 828.448.3500.