Workforce Development & Continuing Education
WPCC offers a variety of classes for professional training along with personal advancement and enjoyment both in seated classes and online through ed2go. These classes are designed to accommodate busy lifestyles and provide opportunities to quickly get skills or explore interests.
Upcoming courses are listed to the right. Click or tap on a class name for a description and to register online.
Click or tap on a class name for more information or to register.
- March 28, 2019, 6:00 pm: Becoming Tech Savvy in Research
- March 29, 2019, 9:00 am: Chainsaw Safety
- March 30, 2019, 8:00 am: Glitz and Glamour: CoMMA Tour
- April 1, 2019, N/A: Small Business Center Free Events
- April 1, 2019, 9:00 am: Express Yourself: Finding Your Writing Voice
- April 1, 2019, 6:00 pm: Technology Tricks and Tips
- April 2, 2019, 5:00 pm: Gateway to Woodworking (Week Night)
- April 3, 2019, 6:00 pm: Strumming Along: Introduction to Guitar
- April 4, 2019, 5:30 pm: Chiming in the Wind
- April 10, 2019, 8:30 am: Notary Public Class
- April 10, 2019, 6:00 pm: Removing Emotional Traps
- April 12, 2019, 9:00 am: Gateway to Woodworking (Weekend)
- April 20, 2019, 10:00 am: Sheep to Scarf
- April 23, 2019, 5:30 pm: Notary Public Class - 57535
- April 29, 2019, 8:00 am: 5-Day Mushroom Identification & NC Foraging License Certification - 57340
- May 1, 2019, N/A: Small Business Center Free Events
- May 8, 2019, 8:30 am: Notary Public Class
- May 21, 2019, 5:30 pm: Notary Public Class - 57536
Enjoy Our Video
Access an audio-captioned version.
Why Choose WPCC?
By The Numbers…
Western Piedmont Community College is among the top 10 North Carolina community colleges in students completing their curriculum coursework.
Here are some other numbers of interest:
Percentage of students who would
recommend WPCC to family & friends
Percent of full-time employees who gave to WPCC’s 2018-19 Annual Giving Campaign.
The Medical Laboratory Technology program
has boasted a 100% pass rate on the
national certification exam
for the last three years.
Western Piedmont Community College, as an Equal Opportunity Institution, complies with applicable federal and state laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, sex, religion, age, ethnic origin, association, or disability. It is the policy of Western Piedmont Community College that no person shall be discriminated against in employment, admissions, or educational activities. The College will provide reasonable accommodations, modifications or adjustments through the use of nondiscriminatory policies and procedures for persons with qualifying disabilities. Inquiries concerning Federal Title IX, Section 504, and related laws may be addressed to the Director of Human Resources, 1001 Burkemont Avenue, Morganton, NC 28655 or telephone 828.448.3500.